Powered By Blogger

Saturday 31 December 2016

LOVE....OUT OF MY PAST



It was my first time of seeing the cloud after five years. I tried smiling but it was in vain. Have I forgotten to smile, I asked myself as  I Iooked around me. There were five of us, two females and three males. We were surrounded by people who came to see if the news about the five who had escaped the ritualist abode was real. Everyone looked with sympathy, some in tears, other were constantly shaking their heads with folded hand. One of the sympathizers, an old woman, kept looking at me and crying. I wasn’t surprise. If I were in her shoes, I would have done likewise. My case was the worst among the five escapees.

I was still lost in my thought when I saw her..yes…her chin, her nose…and her eyes, it was so obvious that we were cut from the same cloth. I tried smiling again after seeing her, this time, I succeeded.  She was my mother.  She walked towards me, knelt down and reached my face with a trembling hand. She was in tears, it was obvious she has not slept for a long time. How long it is, only God knows. My father was also beside her. He held me and tried so hard not to cry when he saw my protuding tommy but was betrayed by tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment