Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 January 2015

MY TEMPLE...


It was the beginning of the month of April and I can still remember everything. Lectures were just so crazy that I hardly had time for a “me appointment”.  I visited the library always that month to make sure I did all my assignments and read for the exam that was fast approaching. Little did I know that in the midst of my busy schedule, something beautiful was coming my way. Reading was actually my way of trying not to think about my state of emotional instability. It became a therapy for me, a way of forgetting how hurt I was. How much I wanted peace within me. I added the bible in the evening as one of the books I read daily and that worked the magic. Even if I could not have a “me time” with myself, I had a time out with God every evening. During one of the times out with him, I specifically told him I wanted peace. I told him I wanted to start all over again spiritually and especially emotionally by walking according to his direction. Of course, he heard me because he was there, always there to listen. He strengthened me and gave me the courage to let go off my obsession. When he was sure I was ready, he brought you to me.
 

You are like a seed planted in my life to bless me and give me a hope to expect a pleasant fruit during the harvest season. You came into my life at first as: a friend that loves God; a friend I could talk to; a friend that listens; gives good advice and; made my day. Little did I know that the friendship was bound to grow within me. I was scared at first to face my feelings because I knew I had fallen in love. I fought it, pushed it away, tried to run away from you, but couldn’t do that for long. It was too late to do that, my heart told me. You have ravished my heart already with your calmness. You were already like a bed of spices, like a sweet pot of flowers. In short, you were altogether lovely that I could not refuse to give in to my feelings. If asked about my special day(s) in a year, apart from Oct 6, my birthday; I would surely mention August 5 when we started something new by deciding to relate in the same ship. Then of course, January 3rd, your birthday!!!

My dove, my beloved and my undefiled, today is a special day for you. It is also special for me because you are now a part of my life. You are the calm that drains my rage, bliss upon my shores.

Happy birthday to my love, a sea around my heart: part shelter, part enduring word, part mirror of my art. When I say happy birthday, it means more than have a happy day. Within these words lie lots of things I never get to say. It means I love you first of all, then thanks for all you do. It means you mean a lot to me, and I’m proud of you. But most of all, I guess it means that I am thinking of you this very special day. I LOVE YOU
I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. Woooaaa where have I been since!!! This piece is too lovely,, I'm crying.

    ReplyDelete